• Baycable manufactures custom cables and cable assemblies with high mix and low volumes. This position will require a driven individual with manufacturing experience in the wire and cable industry and the ability to work well with interdisciplinary teams. Their role as a process engineer will be focused on the cable manufacturing department.
• BS Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering with at least 3 years’ experience OR at least 5 years’ experience in a cable manufacturing environment as an engineer or cable production lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and optimize, cabling, braiding, and extrusion (high-temp, low-temp, and silicone).
• Interact with customers’ engineers in the development of new products and processes.
• Review and apply Military, ISO, ASTM, UL, and CSA specifications, as required.
• Interpret and build to manufacturing documentation including bills of material, routings, work instructions, product drawings, and process sheets.
• Create new processes, tooling, and/or manufacturing capabilities.
• Some travel to customer sites may be required.
• Must have ability to work well with multiple project teams from various groups on any given day.
• Knowledge of wire and cable components and construction.
• Innovative attitude to apply towards improving products and/or processes.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Familiar with Solidworks and AutoCAD.
• Solid understanding of cable production equipment and processes, including: primary extrusion, bunchers, twisters, horizontal and vertical planetary cablers, tapers, New England Butt & Wardwell braiders, spiral/braid/foil shielding, and jacket extrusion.
• Familiar with cable test equipment and processes, such as: spark testers, TDR, LCR, milliohm meters, network analyzers, hi-pot/high-voltage, T&E, oven aging, flex life.
• Fluency in Spanish is a significant benefit, but not a requirement.
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma training is a plus.