• Baycable manufactures custom cables and cable assemblies with initial development typically handled in our Fremont location, often transferring production to our plant in Mexico when volumes and business conditions warrant. This position will require a driven individual with business development experience in the custom cable and cable assembly industry, or related field and the ability to work well with interdisciplinary teams. The role of Sales Manager is a key member of the Senior Management Team and will be focused on providing leadership to the four Inside Salespeople and the four Account Managers as well as working with a small number of Independent Sales Rep organizations. This position reports directly to Baycable General Manager.
• BA/BS in Sales, Marketing or related field.
• Familiar with selling custom cable, and cable assemblies for medical, aviation, automotive and industrial applications.
• At least 10 years sales experience within a similar industry.
• Management experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and mentor sales staff.
• Working with subordinates to meet established sales goals and objectives.
• Quarterly review of shipments and bookings against plan with subordinates for accountability.
• Documentation of Sales activities and reporting to Senior and Corporate Management.
• Coordinate trade show activities, as needed.
• Some travel (20-25%) to trade shows, customer visits, and Mexico manufacturing plant.
• Attend management meetings as required.
• Annual sales forecasting with sales team and General Manager.
• Understanding of cable and cable assembly design.
• Understanding of cable assembly components and connectors.
• Ability to cold call customers and close a sale.
• Ability to develop new business as well as support and service existing customers.
• Ability to manage and mentor a staff of inside sales and outside sales personnel to perform all of the activities listed above.
• Understanding and utilization of ERP system, Salesforce or similar CRM system.
• Thoroughly proficient with Microsoft Office, and especially Excel.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.