• Baycable manufactures custom cables and cable assemblies with initial development typically handled in our Fremont location, often transferring production to our plant in Mexico when volumes and business conditions warrant. The Document Control Clerk is responsible for the accurate maintaining of all controlled documents (paper and digital) affecting the manufacture of products and the ISO quality system at Baycable. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
• Two-year degree or equivalent work experience.
• Proven work experience as a Document Controller or in a similar role.
• This position may, from time to time, have a high level of stress associated with it to meet demanding customer requirements. The applicant must be comfortable working for a manufacturing company and in a fast-paced work environment.
• Experience having worked for a company with an ISO 13485 certification.
• Some familiarity with wire, cable, connectors and other electronic components.
• Familiarity working with a comprehensive ERP system, Avante in particular, is an advantage.
• Familiarity with ECO (change order) processes.
• Familiarity with procedures to support conflict minerals requirements.
• To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience reviewing technical documents for accuracy along with the ability to spot errors.
• Must be PC (Windows) literate, and be competent in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
• Familiarity with project management.
• Proficient in editing digital documents; typing.
• Must be well organized, extremely detail oriented, and meticulous in executing tasks. Must possess the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Must have strong communication skills and be able to articulate ideas verbally.
• Be a team player, dependable and patient. Be able to hold others accountable to defined document control procedures without alienating people.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains electronic and paper files of controlled documents.
• Controls all manufacturing part numbers as the final gate keeper to release job packages to manufacturing.
• Maintains revision control of product documentation in the ERP system per ECO processes.
• Archives obsolete documents.
• Scans hard-copy documents for insertion into the ERP system.
• Maintains all documents from customers which describe manufactured parts, certifications, and packaging information.
• Reports status of all products or changes to existing products under engineering control.
• Prints and laminates controlled documents to create manufacturing instructions for assemblies.
• Responds to Conflict Minerals requests.
• Helps with the documentation of other non-controlled items.
• Helps with other projects and/or tasks that the Engineering Manager may assign to meet the business objectives of Baycable.